Monday, December 12, 2011

Those who are happiest are those who do the most for others

I began learning this long time ago,those who are happiest are those who do the most for others. - Booker T. Washington

This is a quote which inspires me a lot. And the sharing today will be a day with Great Eastern people to do a small good deed for the poor kids at
Yee Ran Jing Sheh Handicapped Children's Home.

The daily supplies are given by the Great Eastern people and other volunteers for the disable orphans.

When we were heading towards the door to see the children, stinking smell and groaning sound made us uneasy and frowned.

I familiar with the smell, I had been nursing my nanny after her stroke before she passed away. But I wasn't not sure what caused the groaning and it didn't seem come from a human.

And then I found out the groaning came from the children who got tied by the fabric strings.

Different from the Spastic's children, they are disables and they don't have parents.
I don't know the reason behind and I don't want to make any judgement, simply by what I see, I notice that most of the children are Chinese.

The activities of the day was to feed the children for their lunch, dance and sing with them, talk to them and cheer them up.

If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one. - Mother Theresa

I never feed a person like this before: He is not able to sit and eat but used to lie on the floor and eat. I was struggling to feed him well (the pink color shirt's kid in the second photo above). As this is my first time, so i took a long time to just feed 1 kid. It reminds me of the quote from Mother Theresa.

The lady in floral shirt is smart, active, and helpful. I should compliment her as she did a great job to be a good helper in the center. She works well with the staff there to serve food and do cleaning stuff. During the dancing and singing session, her movement was so much better than me, dance well and sing well, whereas another boy next to her loves to take photo. Whenever he saw the camera, he would look at the camera and show the "Victory" sign in front of the camera.

20% of the orphans are not children, just like the one behind me.

well,the middle one was a little hyper,can see it in the photo.

They are all lonely and need care from the society. If only you could spend a little bit of your time to sing,dance,talk with them, you have already done a great part, it's a big contribution to the society. It's not about the number of persons you can help, it's about the sincere heart which is willing to do a good deed that matters. Just remember that, good deed is never lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment