Tuesday, August 18, 2009

An event of Dewar's.


It was a beautiful sunshine on a Saturday morning, and we (i mean, me and my girlfriend, Gladys) had to go to work at a golf club, i had never been there before until this day.

Rush...rush...rush...

ended up, my phone was left at home. T_T

I couldn't snap all those memorable scenes without my camera phone, and so, i failed to share it with my readers now.

Let's see what a Good and Bad experience we'd got.

I start with the Bad one, again, try to make it short.

The bad thing was that the agent was too greedy taking so much commission from us.
Gladys got the news of the actual wages from the Director, and then only we knew that the agent was taking off 50% of our wages. i mean, of course she can get her commission but isn't it too much?
The work was not so easy as we thought, especially working under the hot sun.

I almost used up half of my sunblock. I had a feeling that my muscle was going to be ached like hell as i carried and delivered so many packs of ice on my own.

and ya, i was having muscle ache for the next 3 days.

" if it's good, take it as a bonus; if it's bad, take it as a valuable experience."
- stated on my water tumbler by anonymous.

Hence, just forget about the bad things and focus on the good things then.

The good thing was that i had learnt a lot from the event, such as, the rules of driving buggy, seeing how the event going on, and the funny one, how to fetch 3 people , 2 booths and 1 golf set with a buggy. Awesome experience of mine, Maeva, and Vivian. The memory is still fresh in my mind, especially the moment the buggy was driven down the steep and slope path.

Besides, i'd learnt a lot from Catherine, the event supervisor i guess (not sure about her position). I didn't really know her, didn't know if she's good or bad, somehow she shared quite a lot of experience of hers with me. May be it's because of i kept asking her questions.
what to do, i was on the rotate position and forced to stick with her whole day just because i didn't bring my god damn phone. if i kept quiet all the time, the ambience was kind of embarassing and it would be freaking boring too.

Is there anything to do with the picture above? yes, absolutely.

It's the drink we served - Dewar's 12 years old.
It's amazing that the golfers could still play golf after drinking it.
Some of them drank pure whiskey without mixer and ice, very much of it.
Unbelievably, they could still attend the dinner at night.

Do you know how much of Dewar's they prepared for the event?
and guys, i tell u it's as much as Gladys and Maeva can use it to bath their bodies.
no bluff, it's real. (just a little exaggerate)
But ask them and you'll know. lol

Alright, back to the topic, this event was organized by Dewar's company. The golfers were required to pay around RM 350 for the enrollment fee, inclusive a dinner at golf club ballroom and a goodies bag worth thousand of dollars. Also, the Dewar's they drank in the tournament day was totally free of charge. Plus, there were pretty girls around to entertain them.

Well, faking smiles too long made my cheek's muscles stiff. It caused my head ached too. I was all in after the event. Sleeping whole day on Sunday, don't even care if the sun was shine or the sky was grey. Just Sleep - the only words in my mind. #


p/s: special respect to ms.Abby and ms.Dory firsh to fire the agent with their bravely big guts. =.=ll

- Photo from Vivian's blog -
[Vivian, Maeva, Me, Gladys, Xin Er]

No comments:

Post a Comment